About S&H Department
AboutDepartment of Basic Science & Humanities started functioning from the year 2001 consisting of qualified experienced faculty basic sciences to cater the needs of First Year Engineering classes as well some of the Senior Classes in Engineering. The department comprises sections of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, English and Management Sciences which meets the nexus of basic sciences and core engineering domains. The department has well equipped laboratories to impart practical training to the students in the field of Physics, Chemistry, Computer Programming, Engineering Drawing and Advanced English & Communication Skills.
Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities is a Supporting department to all Engineering branches, MBA and MCA departments. Here the students are exposed to Basic Sciences like Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in addition to English and Environmental Science.Department of Basic Sciences & Humanities has well stack of faculty with rich experience and expertise in their select domains. Of them, two are Ph.D's, eight are M. Phils and five are pursuing their Ph.D's.
- To be an academic unit devoted to the dissemination of knowledge, from an interdisciplinary perspective, to empower the students of Engineering and Management.
- Contribute to the all-round development of the students by providing them extensive counseling & guidance in terms of education and career oriented problems.
- Enhance the employability of the students by providing training in Communication Skills, Soft Skills and Personality Development.
- Provide opportunities to prepare for GRE, TOEFL and IELTS by encouraging them to utilize the state-of-the-art English Communication Skills Laboratory.
- This Department consists of various disciplines like English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Environmental Science.