The central library of SCET presently covers a total user area of 1264 sqm, with a seating capacity of 350 in three floors. In ground floor we are maintaing Digital Library, E-Library, and 1st floor Circulation section, journals, News papers & Magazines, reprographic service, question papers. In 2nd floor Reference books,projects reports. The total no. of Titles are 5252 and the no. of volumes are 35007. The books are classified and arranged according to the Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) scheme and "OPEN ACCESS" system is followed. The library has computerized catalogue along with manual catalogue to find out the availability of books. Students are allowed to go to the racks to pick the required books for their issue through bar-coding system. Students are allowed to use the reference books in the library. Reading and Group discussion tables are provided in the second floor to carry out the academic activity along with the staff members. Digital Library is provided in the ground floor and the video lectures are available in the server along with 60 terminals for the usage of students. With Wi fi, connectivity in the campus, the students can access the video lectures from anywhere in the campus. We subscribed IEL and ASME on-line journals (National & International) from GIST, Gurgone, Haryana.
Timings : Monday to Saturday : 8.00 A.M to 8.00 P.M
On Sundays & Holidays : 8.00 A.M to 1.00 P.M
- Library Membership and Loan Privileges.
- Books shall be issued to the members of the teaching and non-teaching staff of the college on the recommendation of the Principal.
- To get enrolled as a staff member, a person shall fill up and sign a registration form, which can be had free of cost at the library.
- Book Cards/Tickets.
- Each teaching member will be given ten book cards which entitle him to borrow ten books.
- Each non-teaching member will be given Two readers tickets which entitle him to borrow Two books.
- The membership will be valid for a year and need be renewed.
- In case the member wants to withdraw membership, he/her should return all books due from him and pays overdue charges if any.
- Mode of Issue.
- Every member, including the members of the teaching, non-teaching staff shall be provided with borrowers' tickets which must be produced every time books are borrowed.
- The borrowers will be responsible for all the books borrowed on their tickets and for all fines payable against them. Members are not allowed to sub-lend the books to the others.
- The books issued for a Semester must be returned after Semester.
- Members shall see that books have been properly issued and return on their cards. It is difficult to rectify mistakes later on.
- Any book, which is temporarily in great demand, shall be issued for such shorter period, as be necessary, or temporarily declared as a Reference book. Loans may at any time be terminated by the order of the Librarian.
Books ( Titles : ) 5252 35007(VOLUMES) CD ROM's 2305 Project Reports 1121 E-journals 275 +
Journals & Magazines (Hard Copies)
National - 106
International - 82
Bound Volumes - 463
Subscribed with IEL, ASME&DEL for an accessibility for 275 above magazines & journals and more than 2500 E-chapters and E-books also.
|S. No||Department||Titles||Volumes||Book Bank||Printed Journal||*Online Journal|
Text Book Section Journals,Magazines & News paper Section, Circulation Section, Reprography facility, Old Question Papers and Projects Section