- To be a leader in developing creative and entrepreneurial engineers and thereby, leading the development in Electrical Engineering & Technology of our new Andhra Pradesh state and our country.
- Promoting graduates to discover, disseminate, apply knowledge related to the broad aspects of Electrical Engineering through innovative pedagogic methods centered on Learning-to-Learn (L2L) principles.
- Providing Graduates to develop their skills and seek knowledge after graduation by adopting advanced technology.
- Equipping our students to adapt themselves to global needs while upholding professional ethics and to contribute their might in transforming India into a world leader.
- To be a Center of Excellence in preparing the students in developing research, entrepreneurial and employability capabilities.
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering started undergraduate program in the year 2002-03 with an intake of 60. Presently the intake is 120 seats. The department is accredited by NBA. The department also started post graduate program in the specialization of Power Electronics in the year 2010.The Department has Electrical Machines Laboratory, Control Systems Laboratory, Networks Laboratory, Power Electronics Laboratory, Electrical Measurements Laboratory, Simulation of Electrical systems Laboratory (with licensed Pspice and MATLAB software's).
The Department is headed by Dr. K SGowrishankar , an enthusiastic and dynamic personality with a rich experience in teaching. The department, from all corners, is being supported by several experienced and skilled personalities. The Department has 27 Teaching Faculty of which 2 Ph.D's, 16 M.Techs, and 9 B.Techs.
Developing the skills of the students to meet the global competitiveness in recent technologies like VLSI Design, Transformers Designing and Power Electronics etc.
- To develop skills in the students to cater the needs of global market.
- To impart practical skills in maintenance and trouble shooting of Electrical Gadgets.
- To establish state of art laboratories, comprising metering and testing facilities.
- To offer training facilities to needy People in specialized areas such as domestic wiring, rewinding, calibration and testing of electrical metering, etc.
- To integrate academic programs, extra & co-curricular activities, and interpersonal relations to promote intellectual growth for social transformation among students.
The college follows the regulations and syllabi of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Kakinada.