ALECS Club (Activity-based Language Evolution for Communication Skills Club) was launched on 17th October 2013 with an intention to develop communication skills of the students. Dr.S.Ramesh Babu, Secretary & Correspondent, Dr.M.Muralidhar Rao, Principal, and Smt. Kalavathi Tiwari, Convenor, had set up this club with a few objectives.
Objectives of the club
- To prepare the students communicative competent
- To prepare the students to acquire public speaking skills.
- To evoke, provoke and stimulate competitive spirit among the students
- Above all to make the sessions Goal-oriented.
- Naming Of The Branches
- The students of all the Branches were allowed to participate in club activities.
- Different branches were named after different birds.
Schedule & Plan For The Conduct Of Activities
- On Fridays and Saturdays
- Duration One and half hour – From 3.00 pm to 4.30pm.
Students are awarded for regularity , punctuality and active participation.
- Activities Being Conducted In The Club
- Jigsaw activities
- Information gap activities
- Reasoning gap activities
- Ordering and sorting
- Problem solving
- Sharing personal experiences
- Projects and creative tasks
- Picture story –interview technique
- Group discussions on current topics
- Parallel telling
- Body language
- Interview skills
- Vocabulary Building Techniques